One of our really great friends on twitter sent us this email. She has asked to remain Anonymous for reasons that you shall be made very aware of.
The Slammed Blogger Says:
I had a blog... I no longer have that blog thanks to my psycho mother- in-law.
I started a blog about my happy little family, decorating, creating, crafting, cooking...basically everything I love. I had a pretty good little following for only having been around a few months. Well. My in-laws are crazy, mean people. Not quite sure how my husband turned out like he did.
Back to the blog. When I decided to start my blog, I also decided to block my sister-in-law on Facebook because I didn't want her to share my blog with anyone in their family ( mostly because I feel like the only way to avoid snide, hateful comments from them is to avoid them at all costs.) So at first I blocked her ( or so I thought) so I would post my links to FB so my friends and family could visit the blog. Well, apparently I never clicked the block button and she was able to view my blog. Of course, she sent it to EVERYONE in their family and they were all (unbeknownst to me) stalking it daily. Well one day I did a post about how I would not be visiting them over a weekend and that my son and I would have the weekend to bond and have a little fun. ( He had a double ear infection and I ended up with a stomach virus-so neither of us would have done well on a 6 hour car trip) Well about 2 weeks later ... I get a comment made from an email address from my MIL's company that says. "Too late all the in-laws have already read this and we know you are a liar." Pretty sweet huh? Then she went on to leave comments under craft posts that I had done that said "stupid" "ugly" etc. She went back and deleted those, but my email sure did save them for me to see.
Before you judge me for trying to keep my in-laws at a distance let me tell you a few little stories.
1. Before I graduated from college, she told me "I can't believe you wasted your education on over-paid babysitting." ( I am a teacher)
2. When we got engaged there was no congratulations, I was told " You better not mess up his life" ( we both had jobs, college degrees and we had bought a beautiful home together, we had also been together 4 years) She went right out and got a bigger diamond for her ring so that mine would not be bigger than hers.
3. She insisted on paying for the DJ for our formal evening wedding but our cost limit was $500.00 and she never signed the contract. So a month before the wedding she called and blamed my husband for it. When I nicely and calmly said "Don't worry about, it I will call my mom and we will take care of it." She called me ( and my mom) "Stuck up snotty Bi*&%es." Then REFUSED to apologize for it.
4. At said wedding she literally stomped her feet and threw a screaming fit IN THE CHURCH over pictures she wanted taken ( but didn't pay a dime for)
5. When I was pregnant she asked me what our names were for the baby and I proceeded to tell her both girl and boy names and she promptly told me " if you name a girl that I will make fun of her every time I see her. A name like that deserves to be made fun of."
6. When she visited my brand new baby who had no immune system in the hospital, she had a fever. She didn't bother to tell me that until she was holding the baby.
7. During the first year of my child's life she NEVER once came to visit him ( she lives an hour away) Then badmouths us for not driving 6 hours to see her extended family?
AND that my friends was the last straw. You mess with my kid? I am DONE with you. So guess what? I don't care what she thinks of me.... I am a nice person with a good heart and she can trash me all she wants to whomever she wants. Because I have a wonderful family, and that is what matters.
And you know what I have to say to her? Nothing. Talking to her would be a waste of my breath.
Although I would love to tell her she should see a doctor about Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
I closed my old blog down, got off Facebook completely and have started fresh with a new blog... and I have yet to receive on mean comment on it :)
Wow. I am pretty much speechless. Is her name by chance Luci…fer? She has got some big issues and you probably should keep your happy fam away from her claws. And good for you for starting another blog!
This is one of those times when I wish Dr. Freud was still on call. I think the Slammed Blogger hit the nail on the head when she talked about narcissism... but I think she may have the added bonus of a true sociopath for a mother-in-law. Let's discuss some sociopathic tendencies, mkay?
Anti-social behavior? Check!
Lacking a sense of moral responsibility? Check!
Social conscience isn't what it should be? Check!
Ridiculous notions of entitlement? Check!
Impulsive...? Superficial...? Manipulative...? Check! Check! and Check!
For reals, go here if you think I am kidding.
I'm glad our Slammed Blogger started another blog. She needs a good pen name, but she for sure needs an outlet for her creativity... and a way to get her MIL stories off her chest. Keep it up. Keep writing, keep creating and keep that whack-a-doo away from your precious family. You are under NO obligation to this woman. She lost her chance for a nice relationship with her son's wife and child.
(And even if you did keep extending an olive branch... she's a sociopath and would just take it and beat you with it...)
What Do You Say?